PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 10:52
Bartrams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down DTV Rest Home

It had been a while since I had paid my local airport a visit,so decided to 'audit' while passing through.

Well that took two minutes as it resembled more of a 'rest home' than an international airport.

Car parks empty,terminal empty,apron empty apart from a few FRA aircraft.Circut dead.

It really makes one wonder how much more Peel(&One North east) will put up with.They have provided the funds for expansion to the terminal and facilities and the the result is..well basically back to where we were 20 years ago? I know we are in recession but that doesn't tell the whole story surely?

Arrivals board was scary.
No holiday flights ,3 Amsterdam flights,3 Heathrow flights and three Aberdeen flights.I'm sure we had more flights on opening day all those years ago? I was there early morning and the arrivals board continued into the next day,there was so little happening.

To put it bluntly..this airport is going nowhere fast(which is more that the aircraft are).Can anyone tell me what the local management are doing to encourage services? Did anything come out of last years route conference?

Finally anyone have any up to date pax. figures for the end of the year? noticed the last lot published were not too good.