PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky X2 coaxial heli developments.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 09:19
ChopperFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graviman, I agree with you on me comparing it... its not the best way to compare them. I was poorly trying to say how its good that Sikorsky was getting out there and spending money on new drivetrain concetps... its breaking new ground... Thats awesome

Sorry Svenestron, I ment more airframes developed and concets tested and used in the comercial market. Im sure almost all havent changed much from their base designs... cant we find a better, safer airframe? Most are sheet and rivets and we all know how soft aluminium is, any time it doesnt come down straight chances are so slim... Im sure a way to get the human cargo and yourself to the ground can be found? saftey chute, pod or airbag stlye systems

Wouldnt there be a better way to design most parts too, even avionics should be tiny in helicopters by now, cant mechanical gauges be made lighter and way more acurate... when did they change last?

People thinking and someone listening is the only way things change

I like thinking of new ways to do things, im always drawing and making things like a backyard mcgyver, but what change can i have...?

Sorry if i offend... Im obviously not very smart, but i have a peal passion for helicopters, and i wanna break new ground before i die and make an impact

Simon