PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 08:37
Nippon1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point to remember here is that although Airborne is registered in Guernsey,its office is in the UK. All contracts are dispatched from there and all coms. are with this office.

I am taking legal action at this time against Airborne and AAI for unfair dismissal and I have been assured by my lawyers that the British legal system covers UK and the Channel Islands so they have accepted my case on a no win no fee basis and are confident of a resounding victory.

I am suing them for unfair dismissal over the incident where an Icelandic mechanic placed a wheel chock in the intake of #4 eng to prevent windmilling during servicing and forgot to remove it. There was no entry in the Tech Log nor was there any warning flag to indicate the presence of the chock which was not visible from the ground during pre-flight due to the height of #4 eng above grond.

The next day we started the eng with resulting damage. There was no enquiry or investigation of the incident, and as the mechanic was a union member the Captain and Flight Engineer where terminated immediately as contractors.

Since then the Chief Pilot, the Maintenance Dept and Flight Safety dept have said that the crew were not to blame and shoud be reinstated but the co-owner refuses to do so.