PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of an era - last QF 747-300 departs
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 07:05
RAD_ALT_ALIVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year ago, when Australia's then second biggest airline (now only a memory) retired it's last F/E crewed airplane - and I can't remember whether it was the B743 or the B727 - it was suggested that all manuals be amended to remove the term 'technical crew'.

It was soundly knocked on the head as being a particularly ridiculous idea. From memory the reason was that it might be a bit of an ask to have the cabin crew re-learn the common term for us flightdeck-dwellers.

Sounds as though the wheel just keeps on turning.

As someone once said to me; "I don't care what they call me, so long as they don't call me late for dinner."

18 Wheeler, if you were truly unlucky in this life and were forced to work for Australia's current second biggest airline (and let's face it, life's too short by far for that caper ((prepare for incoming)), you'd have to call passengers by the exalted term 'guests'!!! Oh yes, and you'd have to make mention of 'boys and girls' in every P.A. too.

And for those who don't get the irony...I have many friends who love working for them, and it's their legs that I'm so obviously pulling. So to speak.