PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 05:53
justlooking_tks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "contract" is not worth the paper it's written on.

There is no Chief pilot to try and look after your interests, apart from his own of course. Need someone that knows right from wrong and act accordingly, as a Chief Pilot IMHO is there to help look after the interests of his pilots and not a management cronie.

Most of the contract crews at AA are being screwed. Most of the ex contractors at AA have been screwed. This sad state of affairs will continue as most crew members only think of themselves and will not stand together. From what I can see, the opportunity was there for the taking in the not too distant past to take some form of action over T & C's but it never really materialised did it? Too late now though I am afraid. Guess it is easy from this angle to say people are selling their souls to the system, as most of us need employment of some description.

There are some exceptions to the above. There was one person who drew 12 months salary (such as it was) and never did any work for AA and freelanced for another company. Hid in the system (chaos), submitted his/her invoice every month....

Good luck guys as I think you are going to need it.Don't throw that jar of vaseline away just yet