PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAE Flight Academy: Students' feedback please!
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 04:53
S.F.L.Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not going off topic, we're talking about DAE's screening process which to me is similar to many other. As for getting used to being screened I think I already did my time thank you

I'm not criticizing this academy at all as the main point is the quality of the delivered training and not the screening process. You can believe in any screening reason you want, these are all up to the academy and not matching any official requirement. FTO's failure rate is determine on the actual exams failure and do not include students which are not attending the exams. You can be screened 10 times, go through the whole NASA selection process, if at the end of the course the FTO thinks you might fail, you will not get the FTO certificate which will enable you to go to the exams. This is how FTOs are keeping good records, and that is AFTER you pay. What you don't get in my point is that I'm not trying to say FTOs are good or bad. Some might screen people for good reasons, some not: there is no standard for that and after all as long as there is no medical objection I don't see any reason why a student couldn't pay for a volume of training, even if some might consider him as stupid.

I'm just trying to explain to the younger public that they should keep in mind that they are in a commercial process where they are the customers who are paying for a service. There is nothing worse than a young guy working hard for his training and who is not allowed to attend the exam just because the FTO thinks he could compromise their stats. FTO screenings are NOT job interviews.