PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority Lists - Yes/No??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 04:17
308GT4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Command

I smell skulduggery here, and management. (Trying to assuage their conscience for wrong doing?)
Surely, when you select a pilot, in an AIRLINE, you select a potential Commander? Then when you need the position filled the next man IN LINE is evaluated! If he does not meet prescribed (as in published!) criteria, the position is then offered to the next man. (Kitchen.... ) JOKE!!
If he/she is washed off command course, it is done by an external examiner. (External, i.e. Air France/Lufthansa DE from far away....)
However, Earnest K Gann's system is definitely faulty if you need your "Buddy" to be expedited into the LHS.......
We've just had/(having), a huge problem with the world's economy due to "modern methods" of doing business......... One "modern" maxim in the workplace is: If you're longer than two years in one employer, you're going backward. ~ I seem to feel that Pa and Grandpa etc lead a far richer life than what we try and force upon ourselves today.
Yes, if you have golden hand-cuffs today, it is a problem-----for YOU only! Tough! Look around at the blokes who take the leap (go to the bottom of the dreaded ladder) and see how well they actually are after another say, 5 years???
Within one 'institution' you have 2 distinctly different systems. Both examples mentioned place being Spoories and Mango. Now at the former you do your time. Dad did..... your friend from 1 Squadron did (Just winding you up!) but he joined a day earlier than you, now 3 years later he has been a captain for 3 years already and no slot for you. Up to the moment he got command you were happy with the system. NOW suddenly you find argument?
I recently asked a training captain at Mango "How does your system work?" He explained. I then said "So, if you bump heads with a significant single person en route, you ain't gonna see command?" Shoulders were shrugged. Period!