PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatic Crash at Temora
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2009, 03:47
Walrus 7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eleri,

Thanks for asking. I'm happy for you to use anything I've written, although the best copy has been posted here by others. The only way to do this with integrity is to PM each one and ask.

I am an aviation journo in my quiet hours (a pursuit that virtually guarantees few quiet hours) and I think I speak for most on this forum that our complaint is largely that general media haven't the first clue about aviation and have made some of the most stupid statements about flying. The problem largely is that the general public gets their aviation information from general media outlets that only ever report the bad stuff, and do that poorly. We are not represented well out there.

Hence, many posters are reluctant to have any contact with general media journos. The acrimonious reply to your request is a good example.

As a rule, the posters here frame their messages in language that they know other aviators will understand, and don't expect them to end up in an article written by someone who hasn't the first clue what they mean, or the context in which they were written. In the Georgina Robinson case, the extracted quotes really did no harm, but we aren't about to assist the general media with their work when they represent us so poorly.

Tom Moon was an Australian aerobatic champion. Where was the general media article about that?

Walrus