PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2009, 23:10
sixtiesrelic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here ya go Geeup.

This is one of my cousin's collection.

Any of you old reprobates who were risking your life in them hills from 1935 to 1977 might like to PM me if you would like a copy of our DVDs of our uncle's 1935 to 1942 B&W photos (35 pictures) and colour 16mm movies of Guinea Airways, my father's B&W photos of Guinea Airways 1940 to 1942 (about 30), Hundreds of mine from Ansett PNG days in 1970 to 1973 and my cousin's 1975to 1977. Mostly life in camps and aircraft during the change over of colour schemes.
My cousin rescued our uncle's photos from the big heap to be set on fire, when our grand father died and disgruntled sons were sorting the massive lot of junk.
He was about ten and copped an earfull from his father and uncles when they caught him ratting about in the pile.
Dissobedient boy kept rummaging and stashed them in a gap in the fence for later.
The movies are pretty grainy because they're copied from a VHS tape (Lousy resolution) the originals are in the Commonwealth film archives awaiting digital copying.
He took lots of 2 to 20 second clips that I have strung together into some sort of sense. The movie of "A flight from Wau to Moresby" could be a collection of half a dozen flights over the two years bunged into the clip... you'll see a Junker wing in one shot and a Ford wing in the next if you look carefully. I made the sequences for his daughters who were born in Wau but have never been to PNG after they were evacuated.
My father's are a mix of pre-war life of newly weds and aircraft photos.
People tell me now, they're glad I didn't "put that bloody camera away" as they were always commanding. Mine are things I snapped at everywhere I went.
Cost ya the postage and the price of the disks and covers.