PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone starting Cabair integrated in March?
Old 21st Jan 2009, 22:32
hughesyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think you are quite getting it, even if the economy picks up in a year, the world of aviation doesnt all of a sudden have a mass of jobs available. I too am having to pick up my modular training this year but i tell you, its certainly not by choice, my exams expire in 2010 so reluctantly i have to get done. Also im lucky and have a option to keep the licence alive at least, and have another career which i can rely on.

Listen to the guys who have been in this game for many a year and they will tell you how it really is in a downturn. average trend is every 6 - 8 years for recruitment. We have just had an unprecedented few years with above average recruitment in the boom, there is only one way its going to go. Yes there will be a few jobs but remember all those guys with above 1000 hours and type rated who are out of work as we speak. Dont be under any illusions.

We all have a dream, but reality is much harder to swallow, but reality it is im afraid.
Anyone considering putting their parents house on the line, if they had any consideration should at least let them read some of the posts and threads on this forum!!.In fact , read them yourself first!!