PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2009, 21:43
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me that one group here rarely lets facts get in the way of what they want to believe vs what is the truth. I think I have regularly provided documentation when others only provided their opinion.

I believe it was LH, AMC and those S.A. routes Atlas had that were quickly moved over to Polar to make a negotiation point to the Atlas membership at the time. Furloughing at Atlas after moving the A/C and flights to Polar and hiring off the street. Mostly Tower guys as IslamoradaFlyer stated.

It was also well known that Polar was going to be pretty small in the eyes of AAWW. Around 6 A/C in the end. That point was made numerous times to the Polar MEC before the A/C and flights were moved. That MEC chose to keep that to themselves while telling the membership that they own everything. Those jobs were short term to begin with and a short windfall for the Polar group choosing to ignore the facts behind it or just misinformed by their MEC. Maybe just a hope that your scope would retain that acquired flying and A/C at Polar.

Here is one document from your contract administrator at the time wrote to the Polar MEC at that time over some of the issue of Polar's expected ultimate size (IN PDF). Seems to have played out accurately somewhat considering it was made in 2001.

Last edited by nitty-gritty; 21st Jan 2009 at 21:56.