PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAE Flight Academy: Students' feedback please!
Old 21st Jan 2009, 20:40
Mike.Park

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're in, the FTO takes the money and deliver the course (this is the deal)
Incorrect. Like I said in my earlier post, there are allot more stakeholders involved. FTOs have reputations to uphold and will not simply accept cash from the highest bidder. Many FTOs publish graduate employment data and therefor it isnt in there interest to have truck loads of unemployed graduates as this does nothing for a school's reputation.

The FTO doesn't guarantee you that you'll be authorized to attend the exams at the end of the course, screened or not.
Assessment of your skills offers no guarantee - The intention is to simply reduce risk and not to offer guarantees. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "authorized". Any exams you take either on the ground or in the air requires you to meet minimum legal requirements for the licence/rating/privilege you'll earn as a result of passing your examination. No FTO can have you sit for an exam where you do not meet minimum licencing requirements.

SFLY, I don't quite understand why your throwing a sissy fit over assessments. You'll be assessed, challenged, poked & prod all the way through your flight training which continues through into commercial service. Get used to it!

There's a good article in CAT magazine about the necessity of aptitude and skill assessments. You can read it here