PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2009, 20:28
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Navigante

It s a complex problem I accept this and also the dirty politics behind that.

However

In my view the actions of the staff will only lead to even more misery than the political actions alone......

Even supposing the terms of employment are unfair (as compared to other airline conditions, NOT compared to the old Alitalia contracts) I would be tempted to say:

Keep your head down, see if this contract works for you, if not apply for a job elsewhere (as apparently terms of employment are better there given the strike). In due course Alitalia too will have to have market conforming contracts if she is to retain staff.

Furthermore there is now the moral obligation of the Minority partner AFKLM who will be slaughtered publicly should they not be enforcing reasonable fair contracts, also they have a 310M investment to protect next to a 200M loss just anounced.

I am still suspicious..... Why would so many people sign a contract if there are better terms available elsewhere?

Either it just doesn't add up or I am plain stupid. Surely this cannot be explained through the Mediterranean temper alone?