PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Hold Pool News
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2009, 18:55
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the news worsening daily, and the country effectively now bankrupt, I'm resigning myself to the fact that BA will not be calling me before late 2010, or 2011 at the earliest, if at all. I'm going to make my plans assuming they will not call, and it will be a very pleasent and welcome surprise if they do, but if an opportunity crosses my path, i'm not going to say "oh, I cant do that in case BA call in the next few months".
Just my tuppenceworth , but I think it is becoming increasingly evident that Gordon and his crooked freinds have lead us down a path that ends in national disgrace and bankrupcy. This isn't a 'recession' this is a once in a lifetime, once in a century catastrophe, and there clearly won't be any meaningful recovery in 6 months time, and I doubt there will ever be a recovery to the halcyon days of rampant consumer spending and $2 = £1, or 1.45 euros to the pound.
I'd love to work for BA and am very pleased to have passed the recruitment, but I think BA will have enough on their plate for the next few years as it is.
They are in a very strong financial position going into all this, possibly one of the strongest in the world, however they are exposed to the UK consumer more than any other major airline, so will unfortunately suffer accordingly. Not really their fault, but thats just the way it is.