PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 21st Jan 2009, 17:20
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the Prospect January newsletter which is floating around various OPs rooms, there is a huge gulf between management and the Union with regards to pay.

It goes on to say that talks are scheduled for Feb and March. If management do not look like budging from their hard nosed stance, I as a Union member would like to think that things were progressed (whatever way) quicker than March

It seems an awful long way off to me. It's obviously not going to happen this year, but just once in my career, I'd like to see a pay rise come in on time instead of always being months late... it's not as if the pay negotiations come as a surprise when they are due

GAPSTER

You say you voted 'Yes' for the pension (as is your right), but then you go on to say you have given up training, and the way it is written, it comes across as though you have done so as some sort of stance. Surely the two actions are at odds with each other?

If not, and you have merely given up training because you no longer wish to do it then is it not a little hypocritical of you to say what you have??

I have never done an AAVA as a point of principle though I do not criticise those who do,it is after all agreed by the union (ie.you and I).I have also withdrawn from training.

If you guys really want to play hardball and protest about the pension vote but more particularly about the pay rise or lack thereof I would suggest that far from sitting back and letting our reps take all the flak it is time to use your own dry powder and refrain from taking the thirty pieces of silver (overtime) that mask the true state of the staffing situation.
Especially as you voted 'yes'!