PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Layoffs at Skywest
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2009, 10:49
Ref + 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Goblin,

Although there is nothing funny about the goings on around the state, country and even world at the moment, your post give me a chuckle. Thanks.

I just hope that those who have lost their jobs are able to find new ones soon and that their families aren't affected too badly. Alas, this could be wishful thinking...

Alliance's ops in and out of MNE has existed on it's current schedule since it began what, two or three years ago. The loads steadily increased to the point of being full and needing additional charters at certain times of mining ops. They may lose a flight or two a week but I doubt they will affected as badly as say NJS are with the suspension of ops at Ravensthorpe.

Rio do owe a lot of money to XR but that is due to them having a 90 day payment clause in the contract. The first payment should come in shortly and then they can start to breathe again...

It's sad to see the boom come to an end but the doomsayers have been saying when it came it would be a big fall. Let's hope that all this will be over soon.

Last edited by Ref + 10; 21st Jan 2009 at 10:57. Reason: Adding more...