PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC - Traffic Information Service
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2009, 02:26
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triax,

thank you for the reference. I note however, that the RCA refers to "Servicio de información de vuelo", which is pretty much a verbatim transposition into national law of the ICAO definition of "Flight Information Service" ("Servicio de información de vuelo" in its Spanish version), Annex 11, Chicago Convention 1948.

So it would seem that Traffic Information Service is just unofficial phraseology for Flight Information Service. Do note however, that FIS in Spain implies the use of radar if available.

radarman,

Otra preguntita. ¿Hay otros tipos de servicio, por ejemplo Radar Control, Servicio de separación, Servicio de Información?
Have a look at the RCA, it's quite informative From a quick read, there appears to be the standard ICAO/JAA fare: you're either controlled, receiving a FIS, or on your own. If controlled, it appears to be all standard (area control, approach, etc.), and if under FIS you will receive a radar service if radar is available. There is no distinction between different levels of flight information service as in the UK (RAS, RIS, FIS)--it's all FIS and you get the best level of service available.

Just to stress the point, the above is from a very quick read of the reference above and from my experience flying in Spain. I stand to be corrected.