PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Thoery Study Techniques
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2009, 22:42
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fabbe92, if you're studying for your PPL exam (which I assume you do) you need to realize that these exams are slightly different from your average highschool exam. If you study for a highschool exam, get the passing grade and then forget all about it, you might eventually have an embarrassing moment with your employer, but that's about it. You can always google for the answer, can you?

But if you pass your PPL exams with minimum effort and minimum grades, and then forget all about it, it might get you killed. So your attitude of
Because I obviously donīt have time to go trough all the books one by one.
scares the c**p out of me. This is not stuff you should get over quickly. This is serious.

Start with book number one. Do two chapters plus the test questions per evening. Next evening another two chapters plus the test questions. Once through the book, spend an evening or two with the PPL confuser on that specific subject. Go back to the book for anything you missed in the PPL confuser. Make notes, make a summary for yourself. Only once you feel confident you can take the exam on that subject, move on to the next book. Don't mix and match subjects - they've been put in the books order for a reason. Don't rush through the materials - there is very little stuff in the PPL books that is not required for the PPL exams. (Whether some of the knowledge in the PPL exam is required in life after the PPL is a different discussion.) Study when you're up to it. Don't rush through two chapters when your head isn't up to it simply because you need to stick to a schedule.

And yes, this is not going to fit in three weeks.

I'm a fast learner. I have a university degree and my daily job still requires me to quickly learn stuff thoroughly, then write course materials about it, then teach about it. Working about four hours, five nights a week it took me about four weeks to go through all the PPL materials. But I'm pretty confident I can sit any of the PPL exams right here and now, including air law, and get a passing grade.

Last edited by BackPacker; 21st Jan 2009 at 07:35.