PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 20th Jan 2009, 17:58
GAPSTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hardball...

....long time employee,first time poster.

Regarding the pension vote; after attending two briefings,talking at length to union reps and fighting my way through the paperwork I came to the conclusion that yes was the way to go.Albeit with a shorter time to serve than many it was not only for selfish reasons.I would be interested to know how many of the more strongly opinionated of us (I include myself in that) particularly those who have voiced pretty strident criticisms of the part the union has played in negotiations both past and present are continuing to take AAVAs....and also act as OJTIs and LCEs.

I have never done an AAVA as a point of principle though I do not criticise those who do,it is after all agreed by the union (ie.you and I).I have also withdrawn from training.

If you guys really want to play hardball and protest about the pension vote but more particularly about the pay rise or lack thereof I would suggest that far from sitting back and letting our reps take all the flak it is time to use your own dry powder and refrain from taking the thirty pieces of silver (overtime) that mask the true state of the staffing situation.

We all know that this would send a greater signal to management about the feeling on the shop floor than anything else...but is a few hundred quid here and there too much of a price to ask?