PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2009, 17:45
yaletown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glamgirl, a duty day can be 16 hours, so it would actually break down to less than 11.75. Not to mention, try spending 21 days in LUN as a forgotten crew (back in the 90's) where you just want to kill yourself. Some the trips we did and they still do are so bloody horrid in third world countries where you can barely leave the hotel facility, staying at a hotel, mind you, that is 4 stars in Africa, but like a one star in the UK. In Africa dear, you cannot get shower water in your eyes, have to brush your teeth with bottled water, cannot eat any salad, and avoid vegatables. Try sitting in blighty for half a month only eating beef and potatoes. Most of Africa is not like South Africa. I could go on and on...I used to love how I would always get Delhi bellie each time in India..oh and my fave was when I got Hep A in HRE! Did I mention you live on anti malarial tablets? TRY DOING THIS EVERY MONTH!! There were months where I was home literally 8 days only. The pay should compensate people for being away for so long, not to mention the many many health hazards you get exposed to. In my estimation, cabin crew are not paid enough these days, but our execs bonuses and salaries just keep getting bigger and bigger....