PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New SID RT Procedures -12 March 09
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2009, 13:59
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having stop altitudes on SIDs is as stupid as having a different transition altitude for each airport....
Seems to me that height restrictions on many SIDS have been there for a very long time, and now all of a sudden, many pilots, with all the new automation on brand new airplanes....are unable to cope?

Me thinks it's time for these same pilots to actually pay attention to reading the SID chart...and flying the airplane.

Or... SIDS could be done away with altogether. IF you think the the RT is busy now...it would be far more restrictive and congested without published standard departure procedures.

...in full flow in India (BOM) clearance to FL 140 "with SID restrictions" - look at the SID's and you have stop heights of 1000', 2600' and FL70
This has been standard practise at some locations for many years.
So...now all of a sudden it's not appropriate...or doable?

I think what we have here (demonstrated by the complaint about BOM, above) is the dumbing down of new(er) pilots who, in spite of the fact that nice new automation is installed on the flight deck, are unable (or unwilling) to do the job for which they were hired in the first place.