PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The ADF buys another Lemon
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2009, 11:05
scran
Music Quizmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afghan:

My final offering.

NH-90 was NOT purchased as a Battlefield Support Helo - is was acquirred as a MULTI-ROLE Helicopter.

I remember having an argument with an Army type (who had only ever flown Kiowa) about the need for two doors when going into contested LZ's - another Army flyer nearby chirped up and stated that Air Assault is NOT an AAAVN role - airmobile is yes.

I'm starting to side with some of EmerGov's thoughts.

You stated in your post your loyalties: you mentioned your friends - well - your comments about supposed lack of understanding about requirements etc in the selection of the NH-90 is (in my opinion) a direct attack against some of my friends.

I would still doubt your version of the Cabinet consideration - Finance "rolling" Defence for a more expensive option - never happened in my 4 years!!!!!!!!! What's that quote from Topgun? "BULL****".

If you are a serving officer (and you indicate you are), in my opinion you are beneath contempt for these "attacks" on officers/staff who worked in the project (and I didn't work in the project office).

That is my opinion - and as you have stated so well and so clearly - we are ALL entitled to our OWN opinions.

Goodbye