PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2009, 08:48
Loopdeloop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyril. BPP is being paid iaw the CoS, with the exception that it's not being paid for freighter extendees. Currently this means that it's being paid up to about 10 numbers below the most junior captain. ie 923. The argument for who deserves it is irrelevant as the CoS is quite clear that cat A,B & C F/Os receive it, whereas cat D F/Os do not. As I've said before "who should decide who deserves BPP - The Company?"
The only slightly grey area is whether "decline a command" includes "decline to move to Hkg" which is an argument for another day. This part of the CoS is open to interpretation and in fact the interpretation of it was changed by KJP last year. This is a separate issue and something that the membership could vote on and ask the GC to agree an interpretation with the company. If we were to do it iaw with "custom and practice" then the many years of not paying it to those waiting on a base would probably prevail.

I'd also like to clarify that my quoted comments are only directed at this recent proposal not to fund. The AOA have said they will fund it and I think it's immoral to withdraw funding now. KJP did the same last year in promising A scale to A scale extendees then withdrawing it - do we really want to sink to his level?

Let's pay for this case but make sure any further decisions with relation to RA are voted on.