PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 20:07
RobStob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numeracy test/Arithmetic

Hi everyone,

I was just hoping someone could elaborate on the maths involved in the numeracy test and how best to prepare. I'm aware that it covers long division/multiplication/addition/subtraction and a couple of other things, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could provide a comprehensive list (to the best of their knowledge) so I know what areas I need to brush up on! I've been practicing all of the old school methods mentioned above, but I really don't want to leave any stone unturned or waste the time I have to prepare. Also, does anyone recommend an effective way of improving your mental arithmetic? It could really use a bit of speeding up. I've ordered that Get A Head For The Sky book; does anyone who's read this book know if approximately 2 weeks, or just over, will be enough time to absorb the contents and use it effectively?

I noticed it was mentioned that there is a form of pilapt software available in the public domain; does anyone know where to get this (or the best way to prepare for the test)?

Many thanks.