PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 19:04
PC767

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
The Moo. Basic starting salary for new recruits is £11400. Are you part time?

Glamgirl. You've been at BA for 10 years and have no knowledge of how IFS works. It somewhat devalues you post. However I do agree that when a proposal is forwarded then there will be something to be discussed. Quite a few of us at LHR would consider an hourly rate, if it was the correct and compensating rate for other lost payments. But, as was shown with the creation of single fleet and, as was contained within the draft document this would not be the case. Oh, and BASSA do speak for 8000 of the 11000 crew at LHR and they haven't made calls for strike action, 'over our dead bodies' statements or similar. What they have done is brought the document to the early attention of their membership and asked the company (at the last NSP) to respond accordingly. My understanding is that the company chose to ignore discussion about the document. Until then we can only, and pointlessly speculate about the pros and cons of Columbus.

Lets wait and see, then start the discussion.

Top Bunk. I did mis-interpret yor post. Sorry. It was 'bills through the letterbox day'. Not a good day for any of us I'm certain.