PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logistic Air
Thread: Logistic Air
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 16:15
JFM747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Logistic Air

You may come across positions available for this Airline (?). It is owned and operated by Kevin Cooyar and his sons Sami and Vandi.

If you have any intention of going there, do yourself a favor and type up your own contract and FAX it to them and see if they will sign it. They do pay the lowest of all the contracts out there and for the Haj they did not pay any per Diem. We were promised that we could be paid in any method we wished, check, cash, money order, or foreign bank. After we get there and the first pay day passes with no pay as promised, we were then told that we would be paid by wire transfer to our banks only, and those that do not have an international bank, would receive a 1099 for the money.

The owner Kevin is a pilot (?) and fancies himself as a check airman (?). He will sit in your cockpit on the ground and during T/O and Landing. He will scream and yell throughout the flight and sterile cockpit times and constantly tell you just how sh***y of a pilot you are and that you know nothing about the aircraft. If you go there he will entertain you with his total stupidity, lack of knowledge of the aircraft, regulations and absolute lack of knowledge of the role and practices of a check airman.

His sons (one is a private pilot) will call your fuel loads, tell you the altitudes to fly at, constantly mess with the engineer's panel and decide if the weather is ok to fly. You will constantly be belittled by Kevin and snitched on by his sons. There are standard operating procedures, but when they do not even know them and you call Kevin on them, he will threaten to change them and scream that he has the power to do so. They operate under Niger registration and fly constantly with inoperative equipment that can not be covered under the MEL.

It is not known for sure but it is believed that Kevin does not have a current medical and may not have a current simulator check as PIC. He has operated with full knowledge of a F/O in excess of 67 years of age! He has no regard for safety and as such no regard for your well being.

In a nut shell, this guy is an accident just waiting to happen. I will say that the only thing that has saved them from having any incidents recently is the fact that thye do have some good crew members. They also have some very questionable crew members that really do not belong in the aircraft in any seat.

Go if you wish and good luck, just know in advance that you can not trust anything that they tell you. Nothing is their fault and everything will be blamed on you. They are not honorable people, get it in writing before you leave.

Me? I had the satisfaction of sitting with Kevin and telling him just what an A**h**e he was - literally and then telling him to go and commit a personal violation on his lower extremity. Yes, I quit but I did not hold a word back from this raving lunatic.

If you wish more information, free to e-mail me personally at: [email protected]