PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 15:56
Otterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sympathy from me in any way shape or form at the current non-sense that is taking place at Alitalia. They didn’t deserve the umpteenth last chance that they are currently operating under. And these work stoppages just proof these people don’t live in the same world that I do. Just watching the news should make everyone at Alitalia realize that they should be doing everything possible to make a success of the Nova Alitalia. Only then after the economy has picked up again will they have a defendable position to negotiate from.

Air France/KLM will not be putting money into Alitalia, if there is no reasonable chance of it showing a return on the investment. The alternatives are already in the works if this soap opera does not get resolved. And all it will mean is that the real hubs in Europe will get the long haul feed out of the north and the south of Italy. I believe the ball is totally in the court of the Alitalia employees, either shape up, or be prepared to disappear into insignificance.

Just hear that chest wound sucking.