PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers 'upgrading' themselves - what do you do?
Old 19th Jan 2009, 14:10
malagamike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pax upgrading

some years ago i flew from lgw to lax with virgin. i was booked in economy and traveling on my own. when the flight was fully boarded a family who had arrived towards the end of check in closure had not been allocated seats together (because there were none - cabin almost full) started complaining to the cabin crew that they could not sit for such a long journey without being close to their children. the children were not very young, probably about 13 or 14 years old. anyway, the mother was demanding to the cabin crew that she MUST be sat with her children. i stopped one of the cabin crew as she was walking down the aisle looking for the odd empty seats to see if she could accomodate, and advised her that i was travelling on my own so if she needed me to move to help accomodate the family from hell i had no problem. she thanked me and asked me to move into the back galley, she would sort the family out and then advise me which seat was empty for me.
after about a 5 min wait she came back and thanked me again and said that she would take me to my seat. she walked me through the economy cabin, through the upper economy cabin and showed me to an empty seat in upper class! i was so chuffed. she put my hand baggage away for me and showed me how to use the features of upper class cabin and thanked me again for offering to move seats and told me i,d made her day a lot more easy.