PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit - but you got to work more!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 12:09
a747jb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well everyone, I can't agree more with all the posts, but there is one thing that everyone is forgetting, and so is EK management. The airplanes are still coming and they will need to fill these seats. In my honest opinion, and I am sure many will disagree, we do have one major benefit that will help us in the long run, and they have made no secrets about it. Most of our applications are from North America and particularly the US. Now as to completely get my ass chewed on here I am sure, I am from the US, and I know one thing for sure, Americans value quality of life!!! I am pretty sure they won't get all the furloughed mainline guys they think are going to come flocking over here, not anymore at least. I know of 3 of my buddies personally that when I told them about the new schedule changes, they said they would rather wait it out in the US (2 were from ATA and 1 from Aloha) Why you ask did they say this, the answer, and god bless America for 1 thing, UNEMPLOYMENT pay In the short term, they are making enough to survive and they won't come over for 12 days off and reserve every month (an AD is reserve if you ask me). In fact, I think many would get out of aviation before they did that. So, to all you Americans and all of those of you who know Americans, spread the word. To everyone else from everywhere else, spread the word also. If you come to EK, you get 12 days off, and the rest is filled in with reserve We won't see this rule change for a while, but it will when they need to hire again!!! Welcome to Dubai