PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 05:26
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I If a US airlines furlough pilots, it is mostly view as a business decision, but here it seems like a race issue. I also suspect if your own county hires mostly foreigners to fly their planes you will be up in arms. Some claim the HKA is being racist yet some of your posts making fun of how they speak is racist. Pot is calling the kettle black
A few facts for you Sunshine
1) One of the singa snakes said, and I quote " I want to kill all Aussies " ( he had his chance at TC but was to pathetic and weak )
2) Whilst Westerners have been systematically sacked, more " Aces " from Indo and Singa have been hired, so what do you call this if not racism ?

I'm always amazed that pilots will travel far and wide to get a job, even with families. On one hand, If these pilots with tons of hours, why they don't have a job at their own country? I suspect that they can't get one or got laid off by their own country men, or for some unknown reason (know reasons) they did not get hired at their country's airlines
You are a Moron, but I will repeat myself for your benefit:
The reason we come to this pollution ridden craphole is for one thing and one thing only.....THE MONEY. We can earn 2 to 3 times as much here than back home, because the tax is less here and because the local airlines need us here so they pay more. I know this is a sticking point with you lot but maybe you can explain to me why we get paid so much more than the locals if we are not needed here as you seem to think. Makes the locals look pretty stupid if they are hiring expats and paying them considerably more if they do not need them.
Most of us gave up pretty good jobs in our respective home countries to come here, based on the lies we were told in the original interview. I am not complaining as I now have the best paid job I have ever had and apart from the pollution and people like you I quite like it here.

And the bunch that went across the block; heard they didn't do too well trying to teach the dragonites how to fly safely
You idiot, only 1 ex HKA pilot has had trouble at KA, the rest have a reputation as being good operators and easy to get along with. Try not to let your jealousy of those that have got infinitely better jobs than you get in the way of the truth.

Now you lot run along and try to have a flight where you don't have more than 10 QAR exceedences