PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 00:54
wannaworkupthere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clare Bear

Well maybe I was lucky I hadn't been asked about travel? Obviously I wouldn't have lied as my silly friend suggested, and I had decided if I was asked that I'd say that I only travelled overseas as a child to London, Paris and Singapore, and I still remember many small details of the experience. And that for many years I was focused on my apprenticeship in hairdressing, but have travelled some of Australia on my own. And that leaving my family and friends is not a problem for me as I've been living completely alone for over 3 years and am very independent and feel I'm completely ready for an experience like this. I am very culturally aware also.But what I did get asked, was why I'd like to work for Emirates, so i said that I've done my hairdessing apprenticeship and worked in the field and that I want to travel now and begin a career where I have the opportunity to work my way up with a great company. Plus I mentioned my living alone, being mature and independent etc...On the third interview got asked to show examples of when a co-worker was incompetent, when a customer complained, when there was an issue between a co-worker and myself. I didn't like talking about the negative side of things, but think I handled it well. Also got asked if I'd ever had a good idea at work that everyone implemented, and what was the nicest thing I'd ever done for anyone at work, so that was better!I believe I did the best I could at the time, and I hope that were impressed and I had what they wanted! Fingers crossed for us...