PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA looking for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 00:18
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you seriously think SAA would hire a white male unless they absolutely had to ? Sure some have been employed, but only because they couldn't find anyone else at the time.

If a white male finds himself at one of these windows of opportunity obviously he should grab it, I know I would.

The ex SAA pilots here speak highly of the operational standards, and you get a rating on a modern jet. Pay and benefits were good. Captains had an excellent lifestyle. The SA pilots I have flown with are good operators and a pleasure to work with.

But, do you want your career progression to be based on there being no minorities available to promote rather than seniority and merit ? Those joining now with young families have a different outlook to a senior Captain nearing retirement. To stay or leave is a personal decision only you can make based on your circumstances and future predictions, which may be completely different to someone elses.

BTW. This is from someone who remembers when a Zim$ was worth more than a Rand and ZW$20 was the largest denomination note available. A 100 trillion dollar note has just been released, buys twenty loves of bread IF you can find a shop selling it, probably even less now as prices double every day.