PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flying School (Ireland)?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2009, 00:00
prionsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink ditto

mrb i know exactly how you feel i could have wrote that post myself and changed the name i'm in exactly the same situation, 21 finishing aeronuatical engineering in the university of limerick, ive been researching and reading for ages about becoming a pilot, along with solid reputable sources from these forums ive spoken to high up industry members within emirates airbus the iaa and jetairways....all say the same thing...now is not the time for learning to fly.

it breaks my heart because im screaming to start my career as a pilot too but thats the harsh truth. ptc in waterford are to be avoided, too many people have had bad experiences with them to ignore and their rates are through the roof. i live beside the training facilities in cork airport and to be honest its more of a ppl flying club set up.

banks arent going to loan you the money, even if you graduate there's no job there for you.just debt. my plan is to spend next year doing a masters and keep a close eye on the industry. oaa seem the most reputable flight training school for when things pick up again, and they will. the advice ive been given has been the same from everyone, aim to graduate flight school around 2013 so try and get into it in 2012.oh and work your ass off in betweeen to start chipping away at the loan.its approx 77k to go all the way but add living expenses for a year onto that too.more like 87k.

on the otherhand keep looking for sponsorship and if it gets you anywhere send me on the info too and put in a good word for me best of luck