PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOP
Thread: BOP
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 21:08
Westcoastcapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Usual Worthless Drivel

I see that the uselessness and misinformation of these posts hasn't changed much.

If Cathay resorts to redundancies, which I highly doubt they will, it will be last in, first out. Period. In fact, I suggest that many of my colleagues are not interested in unpaid leave but will allow Cathay to pursue layoffs. We haven't had a payraise in years and much of that can be attributed to pilots continuing to come and do our jobs for less pay and benefits.

This idea of HK pilots being more difficult to get rid of is simply pie in the sky from some new joiner to HK. It is solely your problem if you are in deep hock for some depreciating flat in Tung Chung. All they are required to give you is 3 months salary in lieu. Quite frankly, the procedure to pursue an out of seniority redundancy on a base would be too costly for Cathay. The severance package would be huge, something that many of us would like to get. The Crofts case was an eyeopener for Cathay and believe me they don't want to go there again. There are just too many laws in the employees favour.

Don't plan your life based on some anonymous post like Pprune, ask someone outright for the proper answer. Unfortunately, many of our problems have stemmed from these anonymous posts.

I always said that if you cannot give your name it is worthless advice.