PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flying School (Ireland)?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 20:41
Pjlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA Thread Drift

I know this is thread drift but I want to add a comment here in relation to CAA - Algonquin - PRI or whatever their new identity is this month.

One thing that strikes me about the posts that are made on this website from students defending CAA or Algonquin is that they are all outstanding comments. All the posts seem to follow the same lines. All these comments seem to follow the lines of a sales pitch! They always include the everything included sales pitch & how perfect the place and the "too good to be true" opportunities.

There are remarkable similarities in relation to all these posts!

Are these posts being made by one person using the names of some of the students? Are the students being handed a draft of what to type or are they being supervised as they type. After reading allot of the posts from some students etc I have to say they all seem to sound too perfect to be true. If we are to believe what we read from the students about how fabulous the place is why have we not read articles in any of the aviation magazines in relation to the outstanding performance of this FTO! New students seem to have in-depth knowledge of all past disgruntled students and the goings on. It is highly unprofessional for any FTO to discuss in-depth the issues they had with past disgruntled students or to allow that sort of childish tittle tattle to be communicated through the students! And no I have no association or past association with the said FTO!

Anyway enough and back to the real thread issue.

glennmcl08

DO your research on all FTO's before committing. You are 18 so you have many years ahead of you to complete training. As for securing a loan. To be realistic I think you will find it near impossible to borrow the amount of money you need from the banks. The fact you are unemployed will go against you big time. Take your time with the training what’s the hurry! Take your time to research and understand all involved. Take the training slow and steady over a few years and then speed it up to complete when the industry picks up. Mainly be realistic with yourself. Why have you signed up to the army when you know that you are going to find it extremely tough being away from your family and you didn't survive because of the same issue before? Don't get me wrong if you miss you family you miss them there is nothing wrong with that just be realistic with yourself. Don't put yourself into a situation that you are going to struggle to cope with because you miss those close to you!