PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flying School (Ireland)?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 20:00
mrb338

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am 21 and just about to go into my last term of an aerospace engineering degree in Queen's University Belfast. Like Glenn I have been set on becoming an airline pilot since a very young age, and now I'm at a stage where some big decisions need to be made. People have asked me if I would consider joining the army but I know that it is not for me.

I also have been advised not to go to PTC, but I've heard of a training school in Cork (Atlantic Flight Training).

I have a good part time job at the minute, and if now is not the time to start training, I am probably going to try and get a second part time job at the airport or go full time in the current job. Probably like most people at this stage, money is my main limiting factor!

On a full time wage I would probably be able to afford a PPL next year. Is this advisable or is it better to wait until I can afford to do the whole course?

Its probably very hard to tell at the minute, but does anyone have any idea at what point the airlines may be in a position to start recruiting again?