PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane Down in Hudson River - NYC
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 19:04
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GroundProxGuy;

From the limited view underneath the EGPWS box I didn't see a card-mounting slot for a QAR PCMCIA card but I don't know the media that AW/US Airways aircraft use for their FOQA Program - it could be a wireless arrangement with a transmitter, usually cell-phone technology, that sends the stored data at the end of the flight. Regardless, FDIMU's (Flight Data Interface Management Unit) aren't water or shock proof so we'll see what is available. Usually such installations collect far more parameters than the crash recorders do. Even so, with this installation there will be plenty of engine data not to say system and flight data. Nice to see recorders in such pristine condition, not unexpected in this case, another subtle but happy sign of the wonderful outcome.

BelArgUSA;
Superb post, excellent comments - captures my, and likely almost all, professionals' thoughts and feelings about this incident. At one time or another, if we fly long enough, we'll all have been there, not nearly to the same extent but certainly with the potential but for all the good work those who remain unsung, do.

Last edited by PJ2; 18th Jan 2009 at 19:12. Reason: to add comment for BelArgUSA