PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane Down in Hudson River - NYC
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 17:51
NamelessWonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, kudos, congratulations and unlimited respect to the entire crew for their obvious professionalism in landing and evacuating this aircraft without loss of life - a truly wondrous achievement that I hope is studied and learned from to enable others to benefit from the exemplary performance of all. Additionally, massive congrats to all at Airbus for the robust airframe that survived this "landing".

However, sadly, I have to express my massive disappointment in the "professional" community here that chooses to speculate and put down the passengers on the aircraft at every opportunity (led, VERY disappointingly by a moderator, no less).

To disparage pax as "SLF" etc and ASSUME that they CHOSE not to put on life vests IF any were available and IF they were instructed to do so, is bad enough. To ASSUME that they had enough warning to do so in the limited time available, is grossly presumptive and utterly irresponsible.

Pax may not be trained or even necessarily properly informed (as per the aft doors argument) but this does not mean they are ignorant or stupid.

Shame on you. At a time when the industry should be justifiably proud of its achievements, your bias is extraordinarily disappointing.