PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonuses....
Thread: Bonuses....
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 13:40
disconnected

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My take is this:

No increase in salary. The so called contractual 3% increase will not occur as EK will dispute this. I've seen them justify this before at a pilot meeting but never actually enforce it. This time round they will.

They will probably take this opportunity to increase the hours before productivity by up to 10%. This represents a huge saving. It will be dressed up by saying this is being done to avoid retrenchment. Maybe true to some extent.

Education allowances will not move. Maybe even fall if schools cut.

Housing definitely will not increase. The rental market will be in freefall by the middle of this year so no need to increase. They may even decrease but run the risk of losing pilots over this as they simply go broke through mortgage default. Banks are raising interest rates on mortgages so if EK cuts on housing there will be some severe financial distress in the pilot community.

Hourly rate will not increase, nor will overtime rates. Training and other appointment allowances will remain static.

I'll be more than happy if the status quo is kept on salaries and allowances and will be prepared to work harder. It'll be great simply to be employed.

By the middle of this year America's economists will admit that we are actually in a Depression though there is no official definition this. Dubai will still be in denial despite the tumbleweed blowing down empty streets....