PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit - but you got to work more!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 10:42
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andu,

The only thing i can think of is that the policy is put in place to handle the coming deliveries of new airplanes. The most recent range number I have heard is it is now going to 12-17 for 2009.

By utilising the current pilots to the fullest extent perhaps they will mitigate the need to hire more and thus save money - purely my own speculation.

I would be very angry indeed with the latest concession imposed on us if it were not for the fact that FedEx and Delta are furloughing as stated in the official company email.

(p.s. I have friends at both who say it's news to them - as of today at least)

Perhaps the writer of that completely false statement will have the integrity to rescind and apologise to all its recipients for this inaccuracy.

Gents, the fact is - the current economic environment is very challenging and while the company did well we shared in the spoils so there is a side to me that wants to help.

However asking people to sacrifice while providing false or speculative information on other companies is wrong and undermines the credibility and pretext for the policy change even if is it legit.

A tad amateur.

f.