PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 09:47
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyRed, there are two holdpools, but I would very highly doubt that CTC would like an airline to request just ATP guys (although I am aware the Vietnam deal was predominantly ATP, largely because the cadets had selected to go to UK based airlines) as the number of cadets significantly outweighs the number of ATP guys, and continuing to sell places on the Wings course requires CTC to be able to say that they are still placing cadets. They have the option of closing ATP like they have at the moment (and no doubt will do for the forseeable) when demand is down. For example, the TCX course back in October was just cadets and the CTC 'White Tail' courses all now going to EZ were all cadets (to my knowledge!).

I can understand ATP guys who have been holding for a while are just as frustrated, but as I said, a cadet's loyalty and financial contribution to CTC is such that they might expect to be pushed ahead given the delays most will have experienced by the time they are ready for type rating and the fact that unlike an ATP guy, there has been no opportunity to earn over the 16 or so months they have been in training. Just my 2p worth; ideally everyone would be placed straight out of training but those days are gone, and accordingly, placement selection has to be judged slightly differently.