PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Close down RAF' says Naval whippersnapper
Old 15th Apr 2002, 02:02
DANGLEBERRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

ORAC

If there were less ac types per service, then everyone in that service could concentrate on those fewer ac types thus becoming more proficient.
Less ac types=better understanding of support needed= more proficient work/support
As for saying that REME/MASU are better than the RAF, then i'm sorry that you took it that way.I know that the RAF guys are just as good as the rest.
In sheet metal work repair, if a stringer or similar needs replacing then with the correct materials and drawings they can be locally manufactured iaw ac manual( topic 6)
With regards to support in the field away from ships,maybe someone could shed light on how they supported themselves in the field (eg 3 BAS now 847nas in northern iraq 1991 or every year in Norway). I imagine with the team work of RAF and ARMY and NAVY!
I can see why you think the Army would have a case for taking the ac but trust me when i say we can just about cope with what ac we've got thanks to chronic undermanning(but thats a whole different topic)
Unless you're a policy maker in the MOD your opinion is worth as much as mine.I doubt whether we're gonna agree on this,so this could go on for ever.
As for the Navy wanting the change and relinquish FJ.I think theres more chance me becoming Prime Minister!

Last edited by DANGLEBERRY; 15th Apr 2002 at 02:14.