PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Layoffs at REX- Cadets to go first?!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 08:59
Mudflat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee, as if we didn't see this coming from the almighty LKH. He will say and do anything to avoid giving flightcrew the pay rise and conditions they deserve...is it a coincidence that the EBA is still up in the air? It's clear he can't sack ground or ops staff as he barely employes enough staff to fill the positions required to run the airline on the ground as it is.

I've bought up this point in the past...but as it's valid I'll say it again. Does LKH know how much $$$ is being flushed down the dunny (if your reading this LKH, thats Aussie for toilet) by the head of (I use this next word very losely) training and checking?? One very insecure and disturbed ego is responsible for costing the company hundreds of thousands of $$ per year.

I'd love to know how much rex has forked out over the past couple of years in:
training costs related with replacing experienced captains that until he got in control were going to stay at rex for life,
training costs related with "re-training" pilots for failing checks because they went 4kg out of tolerance with the fuel embalance when OEI, and similar pathetic discrepencies,
costs related with replacing perfectly competent check and trainers with "captain taking over's" that are more nervous in the left hand seat of the Saab than a FA flying with Capt No-experience and FO Cadet when there are a couple of clouds in the sky.

And while im at it, Mr head of check and training...the whole company knows that after you put in a pathetic effort in the sim, the spineless checker gave you your own assesment form to fill in...hahahahaha no suprise that you passed yourself...nice way to get respect from the troops.

LKH...if you can't afford to run an airline, then don't. Sell up and do something else. Rex flightcrew deserve a healthy pay rise and impoved conditions as you have built up a little fortune on the backs of these hard working guys and girls. maybe instead of paying cash for your planes, you should start parting with some cash for your flightcrew.