PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Market flooded with experienced pilots makes the pimps happy
Old 18th Jan 2009, 08:52
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember those DHL guys in Bagdad who landed their A300 without flight controls ?? I just saw a piece on Tv where NASA landed an MD 11 using a kind of auto pilot controlling the engine induced effect just like the crew did................only of course a lot lot better. It's the same control panel on the F/D and seeing the plane land, you would never guess it's lost all flight controls.
The FAA apparently didn't judge it necessary to have it installed on aircrafts due to high costs. That's now.
Tommorrow ??? Well folks, just like any profession, our is going down the drain, thanks to technology...................and frankly for the better.
Air travel has after all become a lot safer.
Think of medecine. Would any of you like to land on an operating table let's say...........1930's style ??? or even 1960 ?? Surely no !!
This job will become more and more of the pit as far as working conditions and pay...........and think of health with horrific stories about chromosome alterations.
I would never recommend this job today and I had a lot of fun doing it for many years. It's just become too unbalanced these days and pilots shortage or not............it'll never go back to the bonanza it once was.
Time to move on to something else, what I don't know, if you're looking for a rewarding job..............if there 's any.