PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tattoos and the Airlines.....
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2009, 03:25
rockrats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry "Oh Please..."

Londonmet I feel your comment was a little uncalled for? As future.boeing.cpt quite rightly said they can - and mine do - have a very emtional meaning. I agree that some are a little OTT like the full face one for example, but to say ALL tattoos are disgraceful is a little unfair?

What gives you the right to judge somebody because they have a tattoo?

The thread is asking for advice as to weather the airlines take HIDDEN ink into consideration, not for your opinion on the rights and wrongs of tattooing. This is not a tattoo forum.

You never know, one day our paths may cross and we may work together. I am not the sort of person to ram my ink in peoples faces, but should our paths cross, i would expect you to treat me as you would any other pilot? Like a professional, not some walking freak show in a pilots uniform.

Anyway - How does having a tattoo make me a lesser pilot?

Sadly, and i was warned, this thread has attracted some mixed views, and i apologise for any one if i have offended them - londonmet in particular. It is a pity that some people aren't as open minded as the majority and realise that some of the nicest people in the world have some ink somewhere that you may not know about because you cant see it. That doesn't make them a disgrace. londonmet is making me out to be some big hairy @ss'd hells angel type fella with 'love' and 'hate' on my knuckles!!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks thus far for your views, keep em coning!!

The "disgraceful" tattoo'd guy. Lol!!....