PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2009, 23:45
blonde_hostie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1flighty1 - nope I've never applied for MAM, just through the qantas domestic site

Recruitment day went well yesterday. I got through til the end (panel interview) so now the waiting game begins!

Run through of the day;
- Get a name badge, quickly go through past work experience, check ID documents, take copies, get height checked.
- Get given a table number to sit at, about 6 or 7 people at each table plus one assessor for each table.
- First group activity - scenario: chose from 10 applicants which 2 your group would recruit for a fashion retail store and why
- Then move table (different group), watch "Safety First, Service Always" video
- Second group activity - scenario: you and your group are already CC, you have been selected to be part of the "Exceptional Customer Service Team", you are being interviewed for an article to appear in the CC newsletter, tell the story of a time when you have exceeded a customer's expectations which reflects why you were chosen to be part of the team, and then as a group think of three words that describe your team

- Then we had a lunch break, we were told to go away, but keep our phones on, because we would receive an SMS to save whether or not we were successful or not, and the successful ones would come back at 12:30.
12:25 - anxiously staring at our phones for an answer!
12:39 - SMS: "Thank you for your patience, we are running behind schedule, you should hear at approx 1pm"
1:30 - still waiting
1:45 - still waiting
2:05 - SMS: "Thank you for your patience. Congratulations, you have made it through..." blah blah blah, jump around hugging each other :P then quickly back to the hotel
2:15 -Start the panel interviews, the ones who are waiting are given security forms to fill out, so they can be sent off quickly if successful!
4:00 - FINALLY get called in - the waiting has been killing me! Lots of behavioural type questions. I think I did pretty well, but I always think its hard to tell with those type of questions.
Get told we could hear within 7 days to four weeks!!

Overall, it was much more relaxed and friendly than Emirates! There were about 56 people to start with, and 20 got a panel interview.
Dunno how many they plan to take, but they said that they needed LOTS of staff - so now FINGERS CROSSED!