PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wataniya Airways
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2009, 11:40
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James - with all respect, we are not charity workers! We are pilots who moved somewhere (I do not work for Wataniya) to make money. We sign a contract and we are then expected to honor OUR part of the contract. This usually includes all the basics like showing up on time for our flights, operate in accordance with OPS manuals, manage the the crew, safety first and costumers after that etc etc. Now, if I fulfill MY part of this contract I damn sure expect the company to fulfill its part. This includes EVERYTHING that is in my contract - NOT negotiable. The start up hiccups you are talking about have nothing to do with contracts. Personally I would stretch to volunteerily helping out by working on an off day here or there, or perhaps doing an extra sector on a day. THIS is what I consider "pull your weight with the rest"....

Whats next? No contracts at all for pilots perhaps?

"Sorry, this month you are not getting paid", "Eh, why not?", "Why? Eh, we just don't feel like it this month. Ok?"

Good luck to those of you who have had problems like the ones described by previous posters....

CP