PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Layoffs at REX- Cadets to go first?!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2009, 02:51
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Should've checked the Friday files first.

Ominous that LKH says "We will need to retrench staff, especially amongst flight crew...", not we may have to retrench (my bolding). Seems fairly clear to me! I agree however with aerocom about the industrial tactic. seems as though this sword may have more than one edge.

For those who may be given the chop, your seniority will be preserved. Last on first off, so try to take some comfort in that.

As for the Cadets, your relative seniority will determine just where you stand. For those in training and have yet to recieve a seniority number, it may be prudent to start looking at other options. It's anyone's guess what the delay will be.

As far as Pel-Air is concerned, my understanding is different company within the group, different EBA, different seniority list (if that applies). If seniority does apply, it won't matter what equipment you are on. Last on, First off. I've seen it in action before, and mangement will not hesitate to liquidate your services if you are deemed surplus to requirements!