PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet B737 pitch-down incident 12 January
Old 17th Jan 2009, 00:51
Sonic Bam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X13CDX
".. is this not a "professional" pilots rumour network?.. therefore shouldnt critisim of someones remarks not be made constructively rather than in a negative way.. n with all the facts as to the nature of this flight not being disclosed as of yet.. shouldnt any asumptions as to maintanence carried out before the flight or not be left as asumptions for now and not spoken as if they are fact.."

Ermm, sorry, obviously touched a nerve.

Regarding whether maintenance before the flight is a contributory factor or not, my post said “if” and I thought I had posted quote “IF (repeat IF) control rod adjustment ….” but I acknowledge that this is not what appears in my post on the forum but my intent remains the same ….

IF this was a post maintenance flight test for hand-back to the lessor OR hand-on to the lessee or buyer OR maintenance manual requirement following tab rod adjustment, the potential failure was / should have been planned and briefed for by the crew who are “normally” trained to react to a potential failure of this test.

As a couple of other posts have said, this was an occurrence that, though very severe in nature and would initiate a “brown trousers” response in the best of us, was something that had safety in mind throughout.

It could not have occurred with pax on board.

That was the point of my post.

A further posts has suggested it took 25,000ft to recover from the disturbance – if that is true, something else has to be taken into account, in my humble opinion.

Last edited by Sonic Bam; 17th Jan 2009 at 09:53.