PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs go at OATS
Thread: Jobs go at OATS
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2002, 20:01
sally at pprune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, some sore points touched!

Oxford Blue

Thanks for contributing. Your loyalty to OATS is commendable. Just addressing your point about the flying first time pass rates at Oxford being low because other schools have ex-military students:
- Are there really that many ex-military people to slew the averages?
- How is it that Oxford's groundschool results are good then?
- The people from Oxford Marketing who I spoke to made a lot of the fact that many of Oxford's students are airline sponsored. They explained the difference between the self-sponsored and airline-sponsored groundschool results being due to the airline-sponsored pilots being highly selected; "the elite". So how come that doesn't result in excellent flying pass rates as well as groundschool?

Rolling Circle

Are you really saying that OATS first time pass rate for the IR was ½ the CAA average figure? I was a bit gobsmacked that the figure I got from the CAA was so low!

Any Other Flight School

There must be someone out there that gets people through the flight tests first time. If what Rolling Circle is right, I can understand why OATS have been so coy when I've asked them for their flight tests performance. But none of you seem to want to publish your results, other than Alex Whittingham (who I am told runs Bristol Groundschool), who said he couldn't get the accurate results from the CAA for groundschool. This is your chance to bang your own drum based not on marketing bull**** but measured facts. Some of us have important buying decisions to make. Please help at least me make mine. And yes, I know there are a lot of other factors to take into consideration.

Mike Boulton

Thanks for the advert. At least you use your own name. What are your first time pass rates?

Yours, frustrated (and I'm sorry if it shows)